File system starts out with all or most of its files contiguous, and becomes more and more fragmented as a result of the file creation and deletion over the time. Thus files and their parts become spread all over the hard disk, which follows the delays in the hard disk work and further lower performance. Total Defrag 2010 is a new comprehensive product for total file system defragmentation and optimization. Built on original Paragon technologies, it performs complete low-level defragmentation that provides almost zero fragmentation level.
Total Defrag 2010 allows you to:
- Perform a complete low-level defragmentation that provides almost zero fragmentation level.
- Speed up and optimize all critical system files and metadata including MFT (Master File Table), directories, paging files, registry hives and others.
- Defragmentation engine was improved, so version 2010 became even faster and safer
- Online/Offline defragmentation of disks/volumes including RAID systems*
- Defragmentation of GPT disks as well as MBR disks
- Defragmentation of dynamic volumes
- Two defragmentation modes: Fast and Safe. Safe Mode is slower but it protects your data in case of a power failure during defragmentation
- Unique low-level file system defragmentation and optimization algorithms
- 9 different defragmentation strategies
- Boot-time defragmentation of critical system files
- Ability to speed up launch of applications
- Ability to maximize file system performance
- Complete file system optimization including directory consolidation, paging files, Master File Table (MFT), metadata, registry hives etc.
- Low free space defragmentation (less than 1% of free space on the hard drive required)
- Bootable CD image with “run-from-CD” edition included
* Online defragmentation is possible for non-system disks/volumes only.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Professional SP 2 x64 Edition
- For server operating systems defragmentation see Paragon Hard Disk Manager Server
- CPU: Intel Pentium or compatible, 300MHz or higher processor
- RAM: 128 MB of RAM required (256 MB or greater recommended)
- Disk space: 75 Mb
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher