Around the mathematics in 80 activities!
Polygon explores mathematics is the first title in a collection of educational games starring Polygon the robot.
The whole educational program in maths for grades 1 and 2 is covered through 80 games and activities packed in an easy-to-use software. With the help of Polygon's oral instructions, the CD-ROM can be operated by the child alone through simple navigation controls.
Each game aims at specific learning objectives and comes in 4 levels of difficulty that follow the learning process of mathematical skills.
Sample of games
Polygon the robot explores a toy chest full of learning
opportunities and excitting games that will help develop
his mathematical skills :
• the train of operations
• the memory game with solids
• toy soldiers who walk in row when their numbers are properly ordered
• a firefighter truck that you drive along the number line
• "grid of numbers" jigsaw puzzles
• a digital clock and an analog clock that you set to the same time
• a set of playing cards that must be arranged on a grid
• the boat that sails along regular numerical series
• a frog who leaps over arrays of waterlilies
• books and magazines to be ordered according to the
months of the year
• a collection of flying saucers that can be classifyied according to several features
Numbers and operations
Natural numbers (1 to 1 000) : counting, representing, comparison, numeric order, series, operations (plus and minus)
Shapes, 2-D figures, 3-D solids, similarities and differences, space, spatial relations, orientation, logical series, introduction to fractions
Length, distance, time of the day, months of the year, calendar