Bridging the gap between the old and the new universe: X³: Albion Prelude
X³: Albion Prelude plays in a time between the old and the new X Universe. It shows a universe in flux, and prepares players for things to come.
The old X Universe is passing; a new X Universe is about to be created. The X universe is undergoing a period of massive change. What started as a conflict of interest between the Earth and the races of the X Universe has now escalated into a full scale war. Play a part in a war scenario bigger than anything the X Universe has ever seen before!
Corporations Compete for Control of the Future
With the war as a backdrop, corporations are vying for power and are driving the X Universe in a new direction. A technological breakthrough will soon allow massive accelerators, forming highways in space and allowing the economy to expand on an unprecedented scale. Highways, a key feature of X Rebirth, are not yet ready, but you can see them being built and participate in the power struggles around the construction of much larger self sustaining economies.
- A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war.
- More than 30 new ships and stations
- New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
- Improved graphics quality setting for high end machines
- Improved UI introducing charts to visualize economic developments
- Support for head tracking
Note: X³: Albion Prelude will not be compatible with Save Games from X³: Terran Conflict.
Requires the base game X³: Terran Conflict - Steam version only - in order to play. You can register your old version with Steam by inserting your old keycode:
Afterwards Steam will give an access to the according Steam-version of the base game.
Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows® 7 (32/64-Bit), XP SP2, Vista SP1™
- 1 GB RAM
- Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD® Processor with 2.0 GHz
- 256 MB DirectX 9-compatible 3D-Graphics card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.1
- 7.6 GB free hard drive space
- Soundcard (Surround-Soundsupport recommended)
- Mouse and keyboard or joystick (optionale Force-Feedbacksupport) or Gamepad